Share This

Sunday, April 17, 2011
Opera

I recently changed browser from Orca and Chrome to just one browser which is Opera. I was looking for a browser that has the features of Orca/Avant that I really liked and the performance of Chrome. I really liked Orca (have been using it for 4 years) because it makes my browsing experience a lot easier with its address nickname features, its online password storage and mouse gestures. But with its aging engine (Firefox 3.0), I’m starting to feel its downside with the newer sites that uses the latest CCS and HTML commands and keeps on crashing with multiple tabs streaming videos (about 10 – 15 websites at once). I decided to move all my bookmarks and passwords to chrome because of its performance with the newer sites but I was quickly turned off because of the lack of features and stupid plug-ins.


image
Just the Best Browser out there

Enter Opera, I was really debating to go with Safari or Opera but I decided to go with Opera because its more integrated with Windows 7 than Safari. Upon using Opera, I was god dammed amazed with its features, it blew away Orca and its performance is on par with Chrome. One of the best feature of it for me is the password manager, I really like how it handles websites that has multiple inputs and those websites where you have multiple accounts and you can also set a master password every time you turn on Opera so that your passwords are protected when someone else is using your computer. It even has URL aliases, YEY!!

image

Another great feature is the OPERA TURBO, it basically converts websites to its simplified form automatically (or manually) if your internet is slow. Like the new Firefox 4.0, Opera also has stab stacking which is a great help if you are like me that has 20+ tabs open at the same time.  On top of that, I think this is maybe the best old feature that I really missed that other browsers tend to miss a lot is the ability to RUN when choosing to download software, I don’t like saving installers in my HD then clicking them then afterwards deleting them, too much work, I just wanna run them end of story. If there are features you like with Chrome or the other browsers, I’m 100% sure Opera has it and runs it much better.

image
It has Tab Stacking

But one of the best features of Opera is its extensions, its extensions is so vast that you can basically do everything with the browser with its built-in Widgets from downloading Torrents, Reading Emails and RSS, Chatting, PDF reader and even File Sharing. In my Opinion, Opera has one of the best plug-in support of any browsers out there, as it had everything I needed and work perfectly with the browser. In terms of performance it is only a notch below Chrome in the HTML 5 with a score of 258 vs. 288 and its Acid 3 scores is perfect 100 vs. Chrome’s 99. I ‘m using Opera for about 2 weeks now and it haven’t crashed yet on me which is a good thing.

image
You can basically do everything within the Browser

If there is a drawback it would be the synchronization of your settings with the different computers you use (I use 3 computers so password synchronizing for me is a must), it synchronizes everything except the password but worry not, I already told you that Opera has the best Plug-in Supports just download the Last Pass plug-in and everything is fine and you can now synchronize your passwords to the different computers you used.



PROS: Has the best and almost all the features of all the web browsers. You can do everything on it from  downloading a torrent, watching videos with its built-in media player to maintaining your web server. Opera Turbo is a miracle worker especially if you have limited bandwidth. Most Stable Browser out there. The Best Plug-ins support. It has a RUN feature for downloads *Thank God.

Cons: In terms of memory bandwidth, it uses at least 200k of ram compared to 40k of Chrome, Built-in Opera Synchronization has no password synchronizing support.



Rating: (Out of 5 Stars)

sc-goldstars1sc-goldstars1sc-goldstars1sc-goldstars1sc-goldstars1


Eijan Says: This is the best Browser out there,end of story

Opera

That’s all for Now

Peace Out!!

0 comments:

Lower Post AD

Your Ad Here

ADS BY:

About Me

My Photo
Eijan Ochoco
Likes to understand how things work
View my complete profile

Unique Visitors

Technology & Computers - Top Blogs Philippines Philippines Blog Directory

Master Blog

Master Blog
Master Directory of all of my Blogs

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter