Share This

Sunday, January 24, 2010
Dell Optiplex 755 Upgrade Project- The goal of this project is to upgrade my aging Optiplex 755 mini tower to an budget friendly gaming machine. By only spending 25k pesos(520 dollars)...Had to sell my PSPs, Ipods and countless days that i didn't spend a single dime *lonely music cues in* haha, i'll try to build a machine that is an above average gaming rig, to do that, i have to buy the most performance per price value hardware.

There are already plans on what to buy,concerning the upgrade, i'm 100% sure that i need to change my mobo and the chassis, because Dell's own mobo that comes with the system is so old and slow and the worst part of it that it doesn't follow the standard ATX architecture, so in other words, moving another ATX to the chassis of the optiplex 755 is out of the question and one thing i hate about the chassis is that you can't fit two slot Video Cards on it.

Here's the spec of my current dell optiplex 755 system:

PROCESSOR: INTEL Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 GHZ) 1033 MHZ FSB
MOTHERBOARD: 0GM819
RAM: 2 x 1GB PC2-5300 (333 MHZ)
VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon HD 2400 pro 256MB 64 Bits
HARD DRIVE : 250 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital SATA
DRIVES: 1x DVD ROM and 1x DVD-RW Lite ON
POWER SUPPLY: DELL 305W

I'll be posting a series of articles concerning the upgrade, i hope by a month, my rig will be complete..that's all for now,

PEACE OUT!

0 comments:

Lower Post AD

Your Ad Here

ADS BY:

About Me

My Photo
Eijan Ochoco
Likes to understand how things work
View my complete profile

Unique Visitors

Technology & Computers - Top Blogs Philippines Philippines Blog Directory

Master Blog

Master Blog
Master Directory of all of my Blogs

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter